Start to finish: 30 minutes, serves 4
1/4 can coconut milk
1 shallot, finely diced
1 tbs freshly grated ginger
1 tbs lemon grass, finely diced or pureed (optional)
50ml soy sauce
100ml olive oil
radish sprouts (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Thinly slice the 2 bagels. You can slice them any way you like. I like to slice the bagel both into little circles for mixing into the tartare and longer ones to serve on the side for spreading.
3. Blend the avocado and coconut milk into a purée, then chill while you prepare the other ingredients.
4. To make the vinaigrette, mix the shallots, grated ginger & lemongrass with the soy sauce, lime juice and olive oil.
4. Thinly slice the salmon and then cut each slice into strips. Cut the strips into small cubes. Stir the vinaigrette into the cubed salmon.
1. Fill a ring mold 2/3 of the way up with salmon mixture.
2. Fill remaining 1/3 of ring mold with avocado mixture, then flatten with the back of a spoon or an off set spatula.
3. Place one teaspoon of tobiko in the center of the avocdo puree, then remove the ring mold.
4. Garnish with radish sprouts, bagel chips and extra vinaigrette